After the Presbyterians fed us lunch, we had a sunny walk to the Reformation Wall. Looked beautiful with blue sky glinting off leaves, trees, and the water in front of statues.
So I was waiting for the guess the reformer competition, and then realised the names were written on the wall :-) Looks amazing though, especially the weather! Enjoy the last few days?
Now that's what I'd be doing ... splashing in the water feature!!! Just realised the other day that I hadn't even looked once at your blog (lost track of time and didn't realise the tour had started!!!) so I'm catching up all in one big hit :-) Amazing sights and stories - and I'd imagine it would be ten times better to actually be there. There's something awe-inspiring about actually walking and standing somewhere and realising that somebody you've read about was once a living, breathing person doing exactly the same thing as you. Only a few hundred years of dust separate your footprints from each other ...
So I was waiting for the guess the reformer competition, and then realised the names were written on the wall :-) Looks amazing though, especially the weather! Enjoy the last few days?
ReplyDeleteawesome photos! Those statutes are bigger than I thought...
ReplyDeleteNow that's what I'd be doing ... splashing in the water feature!!!
ReplyDeleteJust realised the other day that I hadn't even looked once at your blog (lost track of time and didn't realise the tour had started!!!) so I'm catching up all in one big hit :-)
Amazing sights and stories - and I'd imagine it would be ten times better to actually be there. There's something awe-inspiring about actually walking and standing somewhere and realising that somebody you've read about was once a living, breathing person doing exactly the same thing as you. Only a few hundred years of dust separate your footprints from each other ...